Lots of fun last night! The session moved along pretty smoothly and you got quite a lot done, almost completing your search of the ground floor of the Plague House.
Seems like most of you are getting the hang of the rules and your characters now, and combat was moving a little faster. While combat in Pathfinder is not as arduous and longwinded as that god awful D&D 4e ‘thing’; hated that btw.
The main points that I am raising this time are:
Keep checking this site
Message from the 13Donkeys legal team…
Ok, so here are my points, and in true Litigious American Fashion, let’s get this out of the way straight away…
None of this is talking to you, these comments are to the entire group.
All this is done in the spirit of helping the game be more exciting and giving everyone the best experience possible. Otherwise, why bother playing? Right?!
So, with that out of the way…
Four Main Points From Last Session
1. Learn HeroLabs.
The knowledge of Herolabs is getting much better which is great, and watching you sitting there helping each other answer queries other than relying on me to look things up for you is brilliant. Each time we get into it I’m impressed how good the program is and how useful it is turning out to be.
In the loosest possible sense of the word, here is a list of the things that I would like you to do asap after the session:
- In Character Commentary – send me a paragraph as if you were your character, describing thoughts/comments/feelings about what happened in the last session.
- GCA Session Award – Have a think about the last session and who the MVP was in your eyes… Details on how this is done are below.
- Update your character sheets with whatever equipment you picked up last time and divvied up. “If it’s not on your sheet, you don’t have it.”
- Put your own notes on the site, don’t just leave it to one person.
- Keep researching the Class you chose to play in this adventure. You’re all a vital part of the party and the other players need you to support the that party by playing your Class as best you can.
- Check this site, there’s good information on here, I promise!
As was made very clear (I hope) last time, if you don’t take notes, you will forget important pieces of information. There will be times when a lot of information will be being given, and it will be simply too much for one person to be quick enough to write it all down. So help the party out by taking your own notes.
Do try and put them on the site as soon as you can too, as your minds will be fresh and clear from the ‘recent’ session. It also gives the other players a chance to check them / correct them / add to them / reveal things they’d missed.
Trust me, this is important and as the adventure progresses, more avenues of investigation will open, more information will be learned, multiple story threads will progress… The notes you take will be vital.
4. Keep checking this Site
I’m going to continue writing up details of the various skills, as I believe that they are very useful as a reference and when combined with the official Paizo write ups, should tell you everything you could possibly want to know.
Please continue to keep an eye on the site, and the posts I make. I try and make them entertaining and easy to read, and try to make them as short as possible (honest!). If you read a post and have any thoughts or found it useful, give it a ‘Like’ or make a comment!
It’s good for me to be able to see you commenting and making suggestions or asking questions as it means I’m helping and that makes it worthwhile…
If I don’t see anything I start to wonder if there’s any point in doing this.
Quiz From Last Session
This is something I forgot to do again last session, so I’ll hang my head in shame (again) and get back to this next time (again)! However, to foreshadow the next session (again), I’ll be asking the following:
>What are the benefits of Fighting Defensively?
>If you’re Prone, do you get a bonus or a negative from Ranged Attacks against you? What about if you’re Prone and being attacked from Melee?
>What’s the difference between Delaying an Action and Readying an Action?
>What does the ‘Withdraw’ action enable you to do?
House Rules & Relevant Posts That Came Into Play
- Kicked off good and early, excellent.
- Once again, everyone is getting more comfortable with both the game and their own characters/classes.
- Learning to use scrolls.
- Suggestion for you all – at the last session on the 1st December, we could finish at 9pm and go to the pub for a couple of rounds? I can’t make the fortnight Thursday after that.
- Combat progressed pretty well all in all, I could see instances of your all working out your next move while it was someone else’s turn. That really helps keep things moving!
Highlights For Me
- Camaraderie. Lots of it, love that! Lots of congratulations and encouragement.
- Prioritisation. I very much enjoyed the thoughts and consideration given to some of the actions you took. Also appreciated instances where other players didn’t say, “No! Don’t do that!!!! Do what I want you to do!!“
- Mervyn’s fall… I know it was bad (trust me, it was B.A.D.), but it was massively cinematic and very exciting! Thanks Mervyn! 😉
- Hoss’ loaded dice. They never miss and never do less that double figures in damage.
- ‘Rope and tackle’ rescue! Great work.
- Splitting the party. Seriously, keep doing that, it’s awesome!
Damage In and Damage Out
Most Damage Dealt – Hoss (13!)
Most Damage Taken – Mervyn (20… I think?)
Least Damage Dealt – Mervyn (0?)
Least Damage Taken – Gary (0, but got a little scared at one point!)
I may have looked scared but really I knew that we all needed to leave the screaming room of hell as quickly as possible. I just chose to do it with my hands waving in the air and crap running down my leg. It’s called acting people!!
Well after that was all cleared up, we finally got down to business, and by down I mean a floor down! Wow, that escalated quickly. I thought Mervin was a goner. Lucky for us we have a nimble rogue in Ambar who deftly tossed the rope down and a man mountain in Hoss who managed to pull him up. Love these guys!
Although I think Mervin may have lost a few years from what we heard down there. Please don’t tell me we have to go down there?! Oh, we do?! Lovely jubbly! Just what I was hoping!
I fear my dreams will be plagued by this house we’ve entered… May Desna bring me peace. I was hoping this was going to be a get in, get out job. Sort of like what I’d like to do to with that blacksmith, Sara Morninghawk. Glad my work at the forge is paying off, I’ve had to swing my sword an awful lot lately. This crew is hell bent on running into danger. They can certainly handle their own… Well, Gary’s got some archery issues but his drums sure work… And maybe they don’t want to listen to a young guy, but wait until daylight, rest after an attack, they all seem like a sound idea’s to me and I’m not an idea’s man. Maybe these guys don’t fear death, but I sure do.
I have to admit though, I can see lots of opportunities to create a name for myself with this group. Maybe Gary was onto something. A real Shoanti name. I could sure use a long strong ale and a beefy woman right now.
GCA Session Award
Simple rules for this:
- You get two votes, one for 3 points and one for 1 point;
- You can’t vote for yourself; and
- You can’t vote for the same character twice.
Votes were gathered from Hadyn and Pasta – Bryan and Jeff didn’t vote.
So the GCA goes to ********** – you have 1 GCA to use at the next session.
Ambar – Jeff … Played by Adam Baldwin (Firefly / Serenity)
Garlin ‘Gary’ Lancaster – Hadyn … Played by Peter Dinklage (Game of Thrones)
Hoss – Pasta … Played by Kristofer Hivju (Game of Thrones)
Mervyn T Butterscotch II – Bryan … Played by Hugh Laurie (House)
Agrit Staginsdar – Mlecia Beth Aoore (Kinp)
Katrezra – Sonald Dutherland
Sara Morninghawk – Eorey Cverson
…Next Time on Giantslayer…